Wednesday 1 December 2010

Moustache Cancer

At the beginning of last month I decided to join the Movember campaign in support of raising awareness of men's health issues and the UK prostate cancer charity. In addition to growing a killer moustache, I went out and got cancer, because that's how much of an overachiever I am. Okay, lymphoma is not the same as prostate cancer, but both suck and it feels rather nice to have raised money to help the cause out. In total our team gathered £1700 in donations, which put us in the top 500 groups in the UK. Nice. Here's a picture of three of us enjoying a celebratory pint in all of our hirsute glory.

In other news I'm still feeling good. No side effects from the chemo other than a slight loss of taste and some tiredness. In only one week the cough I've had for almost 5 months is virtually gone. I don't need a PET scan to tell me that means things are improving.

2 comments:

  1. KAS was so keen he went to have a prostate check every day of the month. It might have been a bit like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHKTE75dgE4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see the quality information presented in an easy and understanding manner. This is very nice to see this blog and it's really informative for the readers.

    ReplyDelete