Monday 22 November 2010

Scan results


 I got the data files for my PET scans from the hospital and made some images. Let's take a look inside me shall we? Yep, there's a whole bunch of ribs. Looking nice and ribby. A pelvis, nothing too much to worry about there. I've got a spine, a bright red brain, and a....  JESUS MARY AND JOSEPH WHAT THE SHIT IS THAT RED BLOB BY MY HEART?!!? That's not at all right. That thing is like the size of a fucking grapefruit. Like alien-popping-out-of-your-chest huge. How do I even breath with that thing in there? No wonder I can't stop coughing.

The doctor told me it's pretty standard for Hodgkin's, and placed me at an early to intermediate stage of the disease (IIA, non bulky to be precise).  He said he's treated patients where the tumors have taken up 1/3 of their chest which freaks me out a little. I read a blog about this guy who had a football sized tumor that burst and then he puked up a sink full of blood and almost died. So on a relative tumor scale I guess I'm doing alright, but it's a little disconcerting to have an evil twin made out of cancer growing inside my thoracic cavity.

And, uh,  I apologise for the strategically placed hotdog but it was really cold in there.

3 comments:

  1. why is the hot dog to scale, and nothing else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. guess I should be careful not to use this joke around you:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaTO8_KNcuo&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something similar to this happened to a relative of mine, true story:

    http://www.geekologie.com/2009/04/gross_man_grows_small_fir_tree.php

    ReplyDelete